Hello world! I like turbulence, fundamental research, teaching, and work which has a socially-conscious impact. This site is my personal academic website, where you can find an overview of my research, teaching, and other such things. Feel free to browse around using the links in the navigation bar!
The best way to reach me is by my email, which is currently [firstname].[lastname]@austin.utexas.edu.
- Magnetic confinement fusion energy
- Plasma physics and geophysical fluid dynamics
- Turbulence (wave, fluid, kinetic), dynamical systems
- Zonal flows and other coherent structures
- Transition and pattern formation behaviors in turbulence
- Research Fellow in the Institute for Fusion Studies at UT Austin (2023-current)
- Courant Instructor / Assistant Professor (Non-Tenure Track) in the Mathematics Department of the Courant Institute at New York University (2020-2023)
- Research Assistant at MIT Plasma Science and Fusion Center (2015-2020)
- Ph.D. in Applied Plasma Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2020
Thesis Title: Characterization of a turbulence bifurcation underlying L-mode confinement transitions on Alcator C-Mod
- B.S. in Aerospace Engineering and Physics with Minor in Mathematics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2015